Where We Came From
Good thing from the 80s
(unlike leg warmers)
Over 35 years ago, the Gay Lesbian Business Association of BC printed its first directory. Over time, we've grown into a more diverse organization, creating opportunities for professionals and entrepreneurs within the LGBTQ+ community to network, learn and grow — both professionally and personally.
Where We are Headed
We strive to be the go-to organization for LGBTQ+ consumers looking for products and services.
Who We Are
We are an association of professional and ethical businesses that support the LGBTQ+ community with products and services.
What We Do
We increase the revenue and reach of our members while working to reduce the operating costs of their businesses.
Code Of Ethics
We, as members of the Gay and Lesbian Business Association of British Columbia, strive to recognize, promote, and improve gay/lesbian/bisexual/transgendered/supportive businesses and the gay/lesbian/bisexual/transgendered/supportive business community wherever possible. To this end, members agree to be honour-bound by these Standards of Business Conduct and Ethics:
- A member will conduct business with honesty, integrity and fairness with respect to customers, clients and employees alike.
- A member will be accessible and accountable to customers or clients, and make every reasonable effort to act for the customers' or clients' best interest and benefit.
- A member will not discriminate based on race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, gender or sexual orientation.
- A member will be responsible at all times for truthful and non-deceptive advertising and promotion regarding their business and its products or services.
- A member will conduct business with strict adherence to the laws of their respective city/province of business, and to business or professional codes existent for the particular business or profession, and in accordance with generally accepted business practices.
- A member will support the ideals and goals of this organization, as well as support the gay/lesbian/bisexual/transgendered community in general, in a constructive & positive manner.
Have questions about our Standards of Business Conduct and Ethics? Contact us!